Digital Media Policy
- South Beach Public Library has sixteen (16) computer workstations for public use. All workstations have Microsoft office software and internet access.
- You must present a LIBRARY CARD and have COMPUTER SKILLS in order to use a computer.
- Computers are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Library staff members are available to help patrons with basic computer use as time allow. HOWEVER, STAFF IS NOT EXPECTED TO TRAIN PATRONS IN THE USE OF APPLICATION PROGRAMMES OR INTERNET.
- Do not save your personal work on the library computer.
- Users may not use any library computer for illegal or criminal purposes.
- Please do not shut down (turn off) the computer after using it.
The internet is a decentralized, global network; the South Beach Public Library has no control over the content found there. The library is not responsible for the availability and accuracy of information found on the internet.
- Users may use the internet for research and the acquisition of information to address their educational, vocational, and recreational needs.
- Students (preschool – grade 12) ARE NOT ALLOWED to access messenger service, chat room, Facebook, YouTube or any other social networking websites.
- PLEASE NO PORNOGRAPHIC SITES ARE ALLOWED